CPCU Society Mission Statement: The CPCU Society (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters) is dedicated to meeting the career development needs of a diverse membership of professionals who have earned or aspired to earn the CPCU designation, their employers and other industry stakeholders so that they may serve others in a competent and ethical manner.”
As a member of the CPCU Society, the risk management and insurance industry’s premier association, you gain countless opportunities to advance your career through networking and leadership experience as well as more than $2000 worth of technical education including:
- Fourteen free, selected interest group webinars each year
- Additional free webinars on a quarterly basis
- More than 100 on-demand technical insurance and RM webinars
- Free subscriptions to CPCU Society publications covering emerging trends and issues.
- Industry experts and speakers via the CPCU Society Annual meeting and seminars, chapter meetings and interest group events.
- Unlimited free access to The Institutes ten online CPCU courses covering more than 1,000 topics,
- A 25% discount on Institutes study materials
- A 35% discount on unlimited online CE from CEU.com
- Access to selected Institutes content on a quarterly basis
- Opportunities to develop and demonstrate leadership and management skills within the CPCU Society, chapter and Interest Groups.
- Professional networking opportunities within the society and chapter
- Access to specialized job database
- Ability to contribute to the industry and your local community via mentoring, community outreach and service programs.
Please visit the Society site for additional benefits: https://charlotte.cpcusociety.org/
Charlotte CPCU Chapter Mission Statement: The Charlotte CPCU Chapter is focused on providing educational opportunities and support for local Insurance personnel and students who strive for learning, growth and professionalism in the areas of Insurance and Risk Management. We do this while recognizing our roles and responsibilities to our industry, employers, learning institutions and to our community at large by reaching, teaching and serving the needs of others.
See what have we done in the past and what do we plan to continue to do in the future.
- Hosted Students from UNCC and ASU for Shadow days at local Insurance Carriers, Agencies and Risk Management Operations
- Hosted Charlotte Chapter CPCU Golf Tournaments that have raised money which is used to support our College Student Scholarships
- Hosted I-Day events that have brought forth industry experts and guests to teach us about issues and items that touch our world.
- Conducted or offered CE Seminars on such subjects as Cyber Liability, Contractual Liability, and Ethics.
- Provided Instructor led CPCU Classes for CPCU Students
- Supported our local community with our financial support and volunteer hours with these entities: Community Matters, Safe Alliance, Crisis Assistance Ministries, Hope Haven, Hinds Feet Farms and Charlotte Emergency Housing.
- Contributed to UNCC and ASU in scholarships for students enrolled in the Risk Management & Insurance Programs.
- Held joint meetings and educational seminars with The Charlotte Chapter of the Risk & Insurance Management Society (RIMS) and The Charlotte Area Insurance Professionals (CAIP).
- Provided several social events including wine tastings, jeopardy, and Happy Hours.
- Participated in Job and Education Fairs as UNCC, ASU and Olympic High School
- We continue to do things that bring value to our members and to our community while listening to our members about the things that are important to them. Reach, Teach and Serve remain our focus and motivation to achieve great things as a professional organization. Please visit the Chapter site for additional information: https://charlotte.cpcusociety.org/